Friday, June 30, 2017

Reading Recap January through June 2017

A book event from this past month that I never reported!
This is us hanging out with Sara Larson and Erin Summerill.
(Note: Erin Summerill's book in my list below!)
Hopefully I'll read Sara's soon too.


I haven't been doing monthly recaps this year for obvious reasons...because there's really nothing to report. But since we've just hit the half way through the year mark, I thought I could manage to list what I've read this year so far. Um... ten books. Guys. I really didn't think I'd ever get to this point. I feel an upsurge lately, so I'm hopefully that the reading thing isn't truly over. So, here's hoping that when I report at the end of the year we'll all be able to see a change between the first half and the second.

Anyway, as for the first half, here's what I've read:


The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough: Fascinating story about personified Love and Death characters playing for the soul of our main characters.

Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: The companion book to one of my favorites of last year, Illuminae. This one a violent tale of what was going on in a different part of the galaxy during the events of the first book.

Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill: It's a problem when you are sent on a mission to figure out who murdered your father, and then you find out that the guy you've loved your whole life did it. Now what should you do?

By Your Side by Kasie West: A cute romance about what happens if you get trapped over the weekend in the library with the guy you think is bad news.

The Owl Service by Alan Garner: A strange magical tale that I can't even begin to summarize without sounding crazy.

The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer: Our main character is hired to torture answers out of people, so what happens if she falls for one of her subjects?

Kidnapped Idol by Jennie Bennett: Falling in love with a kpop idol while on a study abroad might be hazardous for your health!

Switching Gears by Chantele Sedgwick: Lucas died. The girl next door loved him her whole life. They had a deathbed confession. So, now what happens? This is how she overcomes this event.

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty: When Alice fell and hit her head, she woke up thinking it was ten years earlier. She is baffled at her current self and has to come to terms with her "new" life.

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum: Jessie is the new girl and someone has decided to write her anonymous texts to help her get through things.


Favorites from the list:
For pure enjoyment: By Your Side
For thought provoking: What Alice Forgot
For most unique: The Game of Love and Death

Plans for the next half of the year:

  • read more than 10 books
  • go through the stack of books I've accumulated on the floor by my bed
  • read lots of contemporary as that's what I seem to be in the mood for
  • keep up with book club reads
  • I have no specific books planned.
  • if anyone is having an interesting read along, make me join!

6 comments:

  1. The book by Erin sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stole that picture at the top. Thanks! What is your goodreads goal? Do you think you'll hit it this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: I put in 50 this year and no I will not get it. I should have done 30.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're reading more. You've almost caught up with me, lol, as I've only read 11 books. But, I'm in the mood to read again so hopefully, my reading will accelerate during this latter half too. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read Gemina! I just picked up a copy at the library and can't wait to read it! I'm a little afraid it won't live up to my high expectations, but fingers crossed it does! I've got What Alice Forgot on my wishlist, so looking forward to that one too.

    Just an FYI - you can change your Goodreads goal. I know that some people considered that "cheating" but I consider it taking the pressure off! :)

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kasie West and a trapped-in-the-library book? Yes, please! I also really like Liane Moriarty. WHAT ALICE FORGOT is a great one. Entertaining but also thought-provoking. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails