Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Book Review: A Totally Awkward Love Story by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison

Book: A Totally Awkward Love Story by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison
Genre: YA... romance?
Rating: ★☆ ☆ ☆ ☆


Well wow. This book was a huge disappointment. We bought it randomly at the story based on title and cover. It looked cute and fun. It says it's a love story. But in reality, it is not at all.

And now I've probably waited too long to reveal my thoughts and can't even remember anything since I've just pretty much wanted to forget that I read it!

It's told from the points of view of two kids, a boy and girl. (The authors each had one of the characters, which is usually kinda fun, usually.) And all they really want is to lose their virginity before college starts. Doesn't really matter how or with who, just that it happens.

So I was hoping that these two would actually FALL IN LOVE and then realize there's more to a relationship than... you know.. THAT. So that's why I kept reading, despite the crudeness, the cursing, the drugs, the drinking, the bad choices, the stupid behavior, the cliche parties and etc. I kept reading because I wanted to see them truly fall in love and I wanted to see a different side of them.

And I did catch a glimpse, but nothing ever really developed. And then it ended with the least romantic sex scene I have ever read. (Realistic maybe, but dang, can we have just a little romance and love in the mix?)  Sigh. Really people? REALLY? Is this how kids out in the real world live? It kills me to believe this....

Anyway. A waste of money and time, this one.








2 comments:

  1. Ugh, this sounds terrible. Given the title and the cover, it sounds like it had potential to be a cute, fun romance. Too bad it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails